£31,053 - £35,451 per annum
Closing date: Friday 23 February 2018 at 5pm
Ref: Please quote on application form L441
Applications are invited for the above post in the Custody Investigation Unit department at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
The Custody Investigation Unit (CIU) is a joint unit within the Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Justice Command (JJC). The purpose of the unit is to provide support to response officers by dealing with detainees from spontaneous arrests determined by the level of threat, risk and harm associated with them.
The role of the CIU is constantly developing and the unit works in partnership with the Criminal Justice Departments in both forces to lead the way to fundamental changes in the way in which prisoners are dealt with. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of this joint unit and to develop the skills associated with offender management, investigation and case file preparation.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Evidence effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Evidence the ability to deal effectively with both sensitive and confrontational issues and situations
- Evidence a good knowledge of law and processes and in particular Criminal and Traffic Law and Criminal Evidence Act
- Proven investigative and interviewing skills and experience
- Previous experience of supervising others effectively, including performance and attendance management.
- Ability to manage staff logistics and investigations
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage workloads to strict deadlines demonstrating a flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- Previous experience of using computer systems with basic keyboard skills
- Ability to travel within the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
Role profile >> ciu_supervisor_-_jan_16.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week on a rotating shift pattern, which will include late and weekend working for which the appropriate allowances will be paid (subject to review). This post is offered on a permanent basis.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].