Central Intelligence Bureau Supervisor
Part Time (14.8 Hours) - Permanent
£28,725 - £32,673 per annum / pro rata
Closing Date: Friday 22 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2065 on application form
The successful applicant will facilitate and supervise the distribution of information and intelligence in and out of Force for Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies, maintaining good links with key partner agencies. The post holder will coordinate a specialist research function to support incidents, operations and investigations. Supervise a team of Intelligence Support Officers and Intelligence Clerks within the Central Intelligence Bureau.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience in identifying and highlighting development opportunities, emerging issues and risks
- Skilled in using specialised software related to own area of work to extract, analyse and report on data
- Proven ability to interpret complex policies and procedures, new techniques or ways of working and communicate these to staff and colleagues
- Experience of supervising a team, to review and assess individual and team performance against expected standards, providing objective and effective feedback and ensuring corrective actions are taken where necessary
- Able to plan ahead, to allocate work appropriately within the team and to identify and mitigate risks to delivery
- Obtain College of Policing Intelligence Professionalisation Programme (IPP) Qualification (to complete within 12 months of appointment), and continued IPP compliance
- An understanding of Investigatory Powers Act 2016 and Management of Police Information (MoPI) and other relevant legislation
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working within an intelligence environment
Role profile >> cib_supervisor_-_june_21.pdf
Hours of work are 14.8 on a Thursday and Friday. There is a 4 week shift pattern with hours of 0800 – 1600 or 1000 – 1800. The shift pattern also includes staff led start times.
This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].