Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band E: £26,802 – £30,483 per annum
Closing date: Friday 27 July 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L543 on application form
Procurement is a joint support unit within Finance operating in a commercial environment working closely with other support departments. Applications are invited for the above post in the Procurement Commercial Team at Norfolk or Suffolk.
The successful applicant will be employed within the Commercial Team reporting to a Category Manager. The commercial team is a small unit that operate a category management model providing professional procurement support and advice to a portfolio of customers to ensure that capital and revenue budgets are spent in accordance with budget strategies and comply with Financial Regulations, Contract Standing Orders, the Public Contract Regulations and EU Procurement legislation and maximise value for money.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- CIPS Level 4 qualified or extensive proven experience within a procurement environment and requirement to attain CIPS level 4 within two years of commencement
- Proven ability to use MS Office and electronic tendering systems
- Demonstrate theoretical procurement knowledge and technical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers at all levels
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail with a robust, thorough and methodical approach to work
- Proven ability to achieve objectives and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to travel as required throughout the UK and work in both force areas
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Procurement project management experience
- Knowledge and experience of EU procurement directives and Public Contracts Regulations
Role profile >> category_officer_-_april_18.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].