Casual Scene Guard
Location: Other (Multiple)
Zero hours casual staff
£19,032 - £20,706 per annum (pro rata)
Closing Date: Friday 18 June 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L964 on application form
Applications are invited from individuals to join County Policing Command in providing a key role in the County. Certain crime or incident scenes require a visible policing presence on a 24/7 basis whilst investigations are completed. This can require additional staffing to guard the scene, ensuring only authorized personnel are given access. This role is an opportunity to be an integral member of the frontline policing teams.
Duties include preserving the integrity of the crime/incident scene; running a scene log, detailing all persons entering/leaving the scene; and dealing with enquiries from the public and media.
Successful applicants will be allocated a base station and will be expected to deploy to various scenes as required across Suffolk, standing for long periods. Post holders will work with operational officers, reporting to the local Sergeant managing the scene. Post holders will be required to wear a uniform, will be asked to work unsocial hours (including evenings, nights and weekends) in all weathers, undertaking a minimum of four duties per year. Full training will be provided.
The successful applicant’s posting will be managed in accordance with Force priorities and resourcing demands.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with colleagues and members of the public
- Ability to demonstrate good written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain concentration of prolonged periods
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Hold a clean driving licence
- Basic keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience of working in a police environment or similar
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience of dealing with confrontation
Role profile >> scene_guard_suffolk_-_may_21.pdf
This is a casual role based on a 0 hour contract.
Hours of work are on an ad hoc basis in line with the spontaneous nature of the policing environment. This will include night and weekend working for which the appropriate allowances will be paid. This post is offered on a casual (zero hour) basis.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Laura Debnam via [email protected]
Suffolk constabulary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].