Business Transformation Manager (ESN)
Full / Time (37 Hours) - Temporary for up 24 months
Band G: £39,585 - £44,928 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 27 November 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1618 on application form
The ICT Department supports both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. It has the responsibility to both maintain and develop its internal infrastructure whilst delivering major ICT and Business Change Projects.
We are seeking a Business Transformation Manager to lead the technical delivery, analysis and design of tasks related to the transition from Airwave to the new Emergency Services Network (ESN). As part of this programme you will be expected to manage the Airwave Sustainability workstream which includes the refresh of existing Airwave radio handsets in Norfolk to the new Sepura version. You will proactively manage the ESMCP Local Transition Team for Norfolk and Suffolk working closely with the Regional ESN Team to ensure that this major change is delivered in line with 7 Force requirements and timescales, and local requirements. This Corporate project will form a major part of the ICT Programme of work in future years and as such will require the successful candidate to have proven leadership experience and skills, especially working with diverse teams across the department.
Applications are invited for the above post, located within the Norfolk Police Headquarters, Wymondham, Norfolk.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience in project managing the full lifecycle of major organisational projects, with a track record of timely and successful implementation to budget
- BTECH/HNC qualification or equivalent or significant period of experience in an information technology environment
- Experience in technical project management, in either systems development, networks or infrastructure
- Recognised professional qualification in project management such as Prince2 at practitioner level or equivalent (e.g. APM accredited)
- Demonstrate experience of effectively managing staff in a matrix management project environment and direct line management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including business case, report writing and presentation skills) for effective communication to a wide range of stakeholders
- Well developed influencing and negotiation skills with proven interpersonal skills to deal with conflicting positions and a resistance to proposals/change
- Full driving licence with the ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to remote and sensitive locations as appropriate
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the issues facing Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies at a local, regional and national level
- Experience of managing change in both the public and private sectors
Role profile >> business_transformation_manager_-_apr_19.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis for up to 24 months.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
Norfolk/Suffolk constabulary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].