Business Transformation Manager
Homeworking with office base at OCC, Wymondham or PHQ, Martlesham
Full Time (37 Hours) - Temporary to 31 March 2023
£39,585 - £44,928 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 10 December 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2177 on application form
The ICT Digital Delivery Team delivers business change and technical implementation to Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. The team is responsible for the end to end project/programme delivery and business transformation.
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint ICT department at OCC Wymondham or PHQ Martlesham.
The role will involve:
- Matrix management of a team including technical and analytical staff
- Project management and planning of multiple projects as required
- Stakeholder, user, and supplier relationship management
- Negotiation for the release of resources
- Successful delivery of ICT services to an agreed time and budget
- Working alongside constabulary teams to deliver successful projects
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience in project managing the full lifecycle of major organisational projects, with a track record of timely and successful implementation to budget
- BTEC/HNC qualification or equivalent or significant period of experience in an information technology environment
- Experience in technical project management, in either systems development, networks or infrastructure
- Recognised professional qualification in project management such as Prince2 at practitioner level or equivalent (e.g. APM accredited)
- Demonstrate experience of effectively managing staff in a matrix management project environment and direct line management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including business case, report writing and presentation skills) for effective communication to a wide range of stakeholders
- Well developed influencing and negotiation skills with proven interpersonal skills to deal with conflicting positions and a resistance to proposals/change
- Full driving licence with the ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to remote and sensitive locations as appropriate
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the issues facing Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies at a local, regional and national level
- Experience of managing change in both the public and private sectors
Role profile >> business_transformation_manager_-_apr_19.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis until 31 March 2023.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Norfolk/Suffolk constabularies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]