Automotive Technologies Engineer
£22,902 - £25,914 per annum
Closing date: Friday 16 November at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C337 on application form
Transport Services Department provides an efficient and effective vehicle and transport service to Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. Providing fit for purpose vehicle and transport solutions and ensuring the availability of vehicles appropriate for their intended use. Applications are invited for the above post in the Transport Services department at Wymondham.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake the commissioning and decommissioning of police equipment to and from vehicles. Equipment will include ANPR, telematics, Airwave radio and emergency blue lights.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Ability to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to use computer systems, with experience of Microsoft office
- Recognised qualification e.g. BTEC/HNC, NVQ/City and Guilds in electronics or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience following qualification of motor vehicle electronics
- Current driving licence, due to requirement to drive Police vehicles
- Able to work to tight deadlines
Role profile >> automotive_technologies_engineer_-_june_2018.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].