OCC Wymondham or PHQ Martlesham
Band E: £28,023 - £31,875 per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 22 January at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1227 on application form
Do you want to make a difference to your community? Do you want an interesting and varied workload? Do you want to work for a department that recognises the value of its people? If you have an inquisitive mind, great problem solving skills and top level analytical skills then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for people with a “can do” attitude, that are creative and have excellent interpersonal skills to join our team.
Applicants who are successful but are not offered a post will be held on a select list for six months, and will be offered a position should another vacancy arise in that time.
• To make a difference to the people of Norfolk and Suffolk
• Interesting and varied work
• Great team environment
• Flexible working opportunities
• Clear career pathway for development
• Local government pension scheme and Blue Light discounts
• Access to sports and social club
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria: -
• Demonstrate experience in the writing of terms of reference and the analysis, interpretation and inference development of complex information [not necessarily in policing]
• Demonstrate a high level of critical and analytical thinking, being methodical, creative and have an eye for detail
• Experience in researching, processing and analysing large volumes of data through the use of analytical techniques and both quantitative and qualitative products
• Demonstrate effective report writing and presentation skills, with experience in delivering to all levels of an organisation and being articulate and able to debate complex issues
• Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure, possessing good time management skills
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with proven experience of forming and maintaining internal and external relationships
• Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate
• Demonstrate an understanding of performance and intelligence reporting requirements, for example by understanding and applying business rules and standard operating processes to data/information extraction, collation and interpretation
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria: -
• Previous experience of, or trained in the use of i2, Microsoft Reporting or equivalent software
• Working knowledge of data processing/visualisation software such as Power BI
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
Please note: There is a 2500 word limit on the supporting statement for your application.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].