Bury St Edmunds Police Station
Part Time (35 hours) - Permanent
Band B, £17721 - £19,317 per annum pro rata
Closing date: Friday 27 July at 5pm
Please quote L626 on application form
The main duties of the role are to provide a general administrative and clerical service, inputting data, interrogating various computer systems, recording and distributing mail and correspondence, ordering stationery and equipment and maintaining accurate local records. Liaising with a variety of departments including Transport, Finance and Procurement. Applications are invited for the above post in the South Area, Business Support Team based at Landmark House in Ipswich.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate ability to use computer systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous clerical experience, with ability to maintain office record systems and follow set procedures
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise own workload as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team and maintain required skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- Ability to travel within Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous knowledge of working within the public sector or equivalent
Role profile >> administration_clerk_jd.pdf
Hours of work are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].