Bury St Edmunds Police Station
Part Time (20 hours) – Permanent
Band B: £17,721 - £19,317 per annum/pro rata
Closing date: Friday 22 June 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L560 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post, supporting the Administration function for Suffolk Constabulary Frontline Policing.
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing Administration and clerical support to frontline police officers and support staff at various locations across Suffolk. Responsibilities will also include assisting the Business Support Supervisors with meeting statutory requirements such as audit and health and safety obligations at Constabulary buildings.
There is significant travel associated with this post for which transport will be provided.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate ability to use computer systems with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proven clerical experience with ability to maintain office record systems and follow set procedures
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise own workload as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team and maintain required skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- Ability to travel within Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous knowledge of working within the public sector or equivalent
Role profile >> admin_clerk_-_feb_18.pdf
Hours of work are 15 per week. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].