Accreditation Examinations and Qualifications Officer
PHQ, Martlesham or OCC, Wymondham
Band C: £10.22 per hour
Closing date: 22 June 2018 at 5PM
Please quote Z2 on application form
Applications are invited from a highly motivated individual to join the Learning and Development Department working as an Accreditation, Examination and Qualification Officer at Suffolk Police Headquarters, Martlesham or Norfolk Police Headquarters OCC, Wymondham.
As an Accreditation, Examination and Qualification Officer you will assess evidence of competence from student officers through a computerised system against National requirements. Your work will involve assessing the evidence, providing feedback or engaging with student officers to support them achieve a Diploma in Policing qualification.
This varied role involves the working with students, training officers and internal verification staff to ensure professional practice requirements to ensure the delivery approach is efficient and effective.
The successful applicant will need to work across Norfolk and Suffolk.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of dealing with policing qualifications, awarding organisations practice and accredited programmes and experience of setting up assessment and accreditation processes
- Proven experience of maintaining accurate up-to-date databases and of handling confidential and sensitive information
- Effective planning, organisation and co-ordinating skills with the ability to liaise at all levels, internally and externally
- Proven experience of Microsoft Office suite, in particular writing statistical reports using Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and particularly to lead on improvements to the processes involved
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines ensuring attention to detail, accuracy and delivery against plans
- Ability to form strong working relationships with colleagues, internal customers at all levels and external suppliers to influence and implement continuous improvements of processes
- Ability to adapt positively to change, promote change and encourage a positive approach from others
- Ability to travel within Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of the One File electronic qualification portfolio
This position is offered on a 0 hour contract.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].