Report lost property | Suffolk Constabulary

You are here

Report lost property

Lost something?  Please answer the questions below to find out if you need to call us to tell us about it.

If your insurance company has asked you to contact us for a reference number, you can send our lost and found letter to them

You need to contact the local police force where you lost the property.

You should contact the owner or premises to tell them about your loss so they can check and/or record your lost item(s).

Mobile telephones, MP3 players, computers and ANY equipment with a serial number (including bicycles).

You can report the loss and print a certificate free via


You should report this loss to your card issuer.

You should report this loss to the issuing authority e.g. Suffolk County Council.

Passports, driving licences and ID cards

UK passports or driving licence: Report directly to the Passport Office or DVLA, or in the event of criminality, report to the Police.
Foreign passports, ID cards and driving licences: Report directly to your embassy or high commission.

Unidentifiable low value items

It is highly unlikely that items such as luggage, empty purses, empty wallets or low value unidentifiable items such as umbrellas, spectacles, used or soiled clothing and perishable goods will be handed in to the Police. Therefore you are advised to make enquiries at the location the item was lost.

As the property does not appear to fit into any of the above categories, please call us on 101, for further advice.