Tuesday 11 March 2014
14 March 2014
Business Liaison, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich.
£9.19 per hour (subject to evaluation)
You will work as a member of a dedicated promotions team,
promoting membership of the Constabulary’s key fob recovery and
keyholder service ‘Suffolk SAFEKey’ www.suffolk.safekey.org.uk.
This will entail attending promotional opportunities at
supermarkets, shopping centres and other community engagement
events where there will be a significant footfall.
The role will require talking to members of the public,
explaining the benefits of the service, with the aim of getting
people to subscribe to Suffolk SAFEKey at the events being
attended. Hours of work will mainly be between 10:00 and 15:00
Monday to Friday, with some weekend work. Days of work will be of
an ad hoc nature, and will depend on the number of events being
attended that month.
This post is ideally suited to someone with an outgoing nature,
with a sales/marketing background, who is happy to engage with
members of the public in a promotional capacity.
It is essential that applicants meet the following
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to communicate effectively with members of the public and
staff/officers of all levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well within a small team and on
own initiative, having both good time management and decision
- Ability to record, maintain and file detailed information
accurately and legibly in an organised system.
- The ability to travel as require through the county and to
other locations as appropriate.
- Previous experience of sales or marketing demonstrating an
ability to be creative and to seize opportunities to raise
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise thoroughly whilst also
demonstrating a flexible approach to effectively manage
- Evidence of ability to work with confidential and sensitive
It is desirable that applicants meet the following
- Experience of working for a membership scheme, and increasing
- Track record of working in a face-to-face marketing or sales
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please
contact Leigh Jenkins on 01473 782725 or Hayley Trench on 01473
Closing date for completed applications is 5pm on Friday
14th March 2014. Please note e-mailed applications are not
always received instantly and any applications received after the
closing time and date will not be considered.
description and person specification
Please return completed applications by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to The HR Department, Suffolk Constabulary, Police
Headquarters, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich IP5 3QS.