The Suffolk Constabulary non-emergency number 101 is the number to call when you want to contact police when it is less urgent than 999.

The non-emergency number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

All non-urgent telephone calls are routed through our central switchboard. Calls from landlines and mobile networks cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day or the duration of the call.

Alternatively you can report a crime online.


When should I use the non-emergency number?

You should call 101 to report less urgent crime and incidents or to speak to your local officers.

For example, you can use the number if:

· your car has been stolen

· your property has been damaged

· you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

· you wish to report anti-social behaviour.

Or to:

· report a minor traffic collision

· give the police information about crime in your area

· speak to the police about a general enquiry

· get in touch with your local Safer Neighbourhood Team.


Can I call 101 if I'm deaf, hard of hearing, speech impaired, or if English is not my first language?

Yes, if you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired you can textphone 18001 101. If you have difficulty speaking English, your local police can access interpreters who can translate your call.


General enquiries

If your call or enquiry is of a general nature there are a number of different ways in which you can contact us.

Bookmark and Share