The neighbourhood watch scheme is about getting people together
with their neighbours to take action to combat local crime.
Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch scheme helps to make our
neighbourhoods more secure and our communities feel safer.
The main objectives of Neighbourhood Watch are:
- To prevent and reduce crime in our neighbourhoods
- To help provide reassurance to people in our communities
- To provide appropriate and up-to-date crime reduction
- To encourage members of our communities to be alert and
watchful in looking after themselves and others
- To act as a channel of communication - passing on timely
information from the police to the community and from the community
to the police - to help prevent and detect crimes.
The Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch Association (SNWA) can give
you details on how to join an existing scheme or help set up a new
one if there isn't one in your area.
To contact the SNWA visit their website on http://www.suffolknwa.co.uk/.